The Pharmacology Orientation Course is a resource designed for pharmacists, physicians, trainees and other healthcare professionals seeking specialized knowledge as it relates to pharmacological treatment strategies. It includes organized resources covering a wide variety of foundational content (neurology foundations and neurocritical care skills) as well as disease-specific content for an array of diagnoses encountered in neurocritical care, including infectious disease, and pain, agitation and delirium. The course concludes with recommended procedures including immunosuppressive therapies, supportive care, medication safety, and ethics and prognostic assessment.
The Orientation Course includes:
- A copy of The Pocket Guide to Neurocritical Care
- Relevant Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS) content with the option to purchase the full ENLS course (includes 15 continuing education units)
- A subscription to Neurocritical Care ON CALL
- Relevant Pharmacotherapy of Neurocritical Care Series (PONS) content
- And much more!
The Pharmacology Orientation Course serves as an ideal resource to build basic knowledge for a practitioner new to the field, or those who desire a refresher course.
This course is comprised of 26 modules that include review materials covering:
- Neuro Foundations
- Critical Care Foundations and Neurocritical Care Skills
- Pathology and Disease in Neurocritical Care
- Recommended Procedures in the Neurocritical Care Environment
Each section includes mandatory review items and optional materials. To earn a certificate of completion for this course, all mandatory items must be reviewed and completed.
**The purchase of this orientation course grants users access to the content and materials for a period of one year.
***The purchase of this orientation course includes a one-year subscription to Neurocritical Care ON CALL. Instructions on how to activate will be given in your purchase confirmation email.
Please click here to view the Pharmacology Orientation Course legal disclaimer.